At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer (Python, React, Java) with TS/SCI clearance in Springfield VA.
This position supports the program’s Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Software Engineer’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment. The Software Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and deploying custom solutions to the client’s enterprise cloud environment. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Design, implement and maintain application phases
● Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
● Write well designed, testable, efficient code
● Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
● Recommend changes to improve established application processes
● Prepare and produce releases of software components
● Develop application code programs
● Develop and execute unit test plans
● Support formal testing and resolve test defects
● Provide technical support and consultation for application and infrastructure questions
● TS/SCI clearance
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
● 10-15 years of related software development experience.
● Expert with at least one language and desire good experience with several others (Python, React, Java, etc.)
● Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
● Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
● Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
● Demonstrated ability to creatively solve technical problems
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a small team
● Experience with ElasticSearch
● Experiencing interacting with AWS SDK, AWS API, AWS CLI, and AWS CloudFormation
● Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace