At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented Office 365 Engineer SME in Crystal City VA.
• Significant experience with managing, customizing and migrating users from a Microsoft on-prem Exchange environment to an O365 hosted environment for messaging
• Expert level proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
• Expert knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 10 and customizing the user experience.
• Significant experience with Group Policy Objects (GPO)
• Proficiency with Exchange ActiveSync, send\receive connectors, public folders, web services, CAS\Hub\Mailbox\Unified Messaging roles, email address policies, OAB, OWA, transport rules, address list, exmon and PowerShell scripting
• Proficiency in performance monitoring and mail flow troubleshooting
• Expertise with backing up and restoring Exchange
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and assorted other protocols
• Familiarity with large, complex Microsoft server based environment
• Ability to work with VMWare ESXi and VSphere
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Servers (AWS) – EC2, S3, VPC
• Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 to Windows 2016.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects; both short term and long term
• 10+ years’ experience in working with PowerShell, Office 365, Azure, Active directory, SaaS, OneDrive, Skype for business, SharePoint
• Public Trust (minimum), Secret clearance, TS Clearance
• Working knowledge of ADFS, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions and AD delegation
• Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI and OCSP implementations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Lync. Add users, troubleshoot user login issues and understanding SIP
• ITIL FOUNDATIONS V3 Cert
• Working knowledge of Office 365 management tools
• Experience with Microsoft System Center
• Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
• VMware ESX /5.5/6.0/6.5
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment