At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
We are looking for a successful, results driven, Business Developer responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing, pursuing and winning strategic capture opportunities in assigned Federal Government Civilian territory, focusing on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This individual will be responsible for working with Federal Civilian clients and federal integrator partners to grow Applied Insight’s (AI) Professional Services portfolio as a Prime Contractor and Tier 1 Subcontractor.
· Work collaboratively with AI organizations to formulate and execute business development strategy on major programs.
· Identify, market, and capture contracts in addition to follow on task order opportunities after award.
· Leverage existing contacts and relationships within the Federal Civilian territory identify market and capture IT services opportunities.
· Establish highest-level contract and business policies and processes to ensure achievement of corporate expectations.
· Drive implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact to the corporation, including identifying the strategies and resources for their capture and execution.
· Participate in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, source selection procedures and processes, make or buy determinations, and risk management directives.
· Ensure appropriate staffing levels for program pursuit and manage to budget levels.
· Understand the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
· Develop and implements teaming strategies to enable business growth for AI as both a subcontractor and a prime for Federal Civilian business opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 12+ years of experience is required.
· U. S. Citizenship is required.
· Proven track record in the identification, marketing and capture of a minimum $150M in overall contract value.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership experience using strong proven management techniques that yield superior performance and results.
· Specialized experience includes: project development from inception to deployment, expertise in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity.
· Knowledge of the Federal Civilian community requisition and contracting processes.
· Previous government experience desirable.
· Have an extensive rolodex of decision makers within the Federal Civilian community IT products and services market. This rolodex should include both Federal Civilian Community clients and Large and Small community IT contractors. Must have ability to leverage those contacts in developing strategic relationships with Intelligent Decisions.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
· Ability to work with changing complexities in a growing organization and able to adapt and offer creative resolutions.