At AI, we do privileged work that is critical to enabling and sustaining the mission of our customers. We enhance their ability to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public through failsafe technologies and systems. We take that responsibility very seriously. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality, right from the start. We account for potential points of failure up front – from improper scoping to user distrust – enabling us to manage risk effectively from day one. This proven approach sheds light on what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation. For us, there’s no problem too complex and no fix too small. Our work leaves no stone unturned in leading our customers where they need to be, efficiently and effectively
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented VMware/VDI Engineer in San Antonio, TX or Washington DC
As a virtualization engineer, a viable candidate will possess a broad and well-rounded background with the ability to troubleshoot various issues. They will have a solid understanding of the entire OSI stack with specific experience with Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Networking.
• Virtual Desktop Administration utilizing VMware Horizon View for a multi-tenant environment supporting up 30,000 endpoints across over 600 locations.
• Enterprise Cloud Management and Administration, deployment and configuration automation utilizing VMware vRA
• Management of Enterprise Virtual Systems and Networks utilizing VMware vROPS
• Virtualization Infrastructure Experience utilizing VMware vSphere
• Virtual Application packaging and remediation as well as Application installation, support, testing, and troubleshooting
• Windows Desktop Administration for Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
• Utilize PowerShell scripting for automation and workflow.
• Manage a large virtualization farm hosting multiple network management tools and applications.
• Providing direct technical support for the planning, design, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to server, storage, and virtualization systems and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production of those systems.
• Ensuring stable performance for the server, storage, and virtualization environments through performance monitoring and tuning.
• Performing capacity planning, workload modelling, and prediction. Ensuring systems maintenance of storage and related systems.
• Troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and providing solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
• Ability to provide management and account team oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
• Experience with VMware Horizon, ViewvSphere, VMware virtual switching, vMotion, and HA.
• vRA, vROPS and the vRealize suite
• Virtualization Network Infrastructure Experience , using VMware NSX
• DB Administration Experience with MSSQL
• Backup and Restore Experience, using NetBackup
•Experience with administration of load balance devices, F5/Big-IP
• System Monitoring Experience preferably with Zabbix
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
•Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
• Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills