At AI, we do privileged work that is critical to enabling and sustaining the mission of our customers. We enhance their ability to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public through failsafe technologies and systems. We take that responsibility very seriously. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality, right from the start. We account for potential points of failure up front – from improper scoping to user distrust – enabling us to manage risk effectively from day one. This proven approach sheds light on what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation. For us, there’s no problem too complex and no fix too small. Our work leaves no stone unturned in leading our customers where they need to be, efficiently and effectively
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a talented PostgreSQL Engineer in Reston, VA. PostgreSQL Engineer will be responsible for architecting, developing, securing and tuning a large Postgres 9.6 database that supports multiple applications. Must be able to design table architecture, build views, scripts, queries, indexes, and secure the data. Must understand VPD and visibility. Must understand how to analyze, troubleshoot, and improve query performance. Experience migrating data from MongoDB to Postgres is a plus. Must have TS/SCI with CI Poly. Must have current Security+CE certification.
• TS/SCI with CI Poly is required.
• High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelors degree with 8 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience.
• Perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
• Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues Guidance
• Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level
technicians and managers.
• Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
• Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance
• Serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams. Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
• Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects. Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
• Must have current Security+CE certification