At AI, we do privileged work that is critical to enabling and sustaining the mission of our customers. We enhance their ability to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public through failsafe technologies and systems. We take that responsibility very seriously. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality, right from the start. We account for potential points of failure up front – from improper scoping to user distrust – enabling us to manage risk effectively from day one. This proven approach sheds light on what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation. For us, there’s no problem too complex and no fix too small. Our work leaves no stone unturned in leading our customers where they need to be, efficiently and effectively
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a Senior IT Engineer with Microsoft SCCM experience to join our team in Chantilly, VA. Senior IT Engineer with Microsoft SCCM will support a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Sr. IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 4 and Engineering support of maintaining a large Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment that spans CONUS and OCONUS boundaries. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 4 and Engineering support of maintaining a large Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment that spans CONUS and OCONUS boundaries. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- System Center Configuration Manager Administration and Engineering to include: Collection and query creation and management. Application and Package creation and deployment. Content distribution, management and troubleshooting. Software Update deployment management and troubleshooting. Manage Software Update Groups, Manage Software Update Packages, Deploy Software Updates Reporting/Reports on Software Update, Deployment Success / Failure. Custom SCCM report creation
- Basic understanding of SQL
- System Administrative duties to include Microsoft Server 2016/2012 management. To include management of Site and Services, Group Policy Management, and Active Directory.
- System Administrative duties to include management of Windows 10 workstations. An understanding of virtual desktop infrastructure a plus.
- Analyze performance/scalability of the environment
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Participates in special projects as required.
•Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance required
•8-10 years of related systems engineering experience with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems engineering.
•6+ years of experience maintaining Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) site for distributed PC’s.
•4+ years of in depth understanding of SCCM and related server and networking technology
Candidates should have knowledge/understanding of:
• Active Directory Administration (x,000+ user environment)
• Group Policy Management, Troubleshooting, Design. (100+ policy environment),
• DNS, DHCP, DFS, LDAP
• Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016,
• Virtualization Environments (VMware, Citrix)